Sinfonia Viva at Blickling Estate, Aylsham, Norwich
Saturday 11th August 2012. Car parks open 12 noon - see timetable below for more details.
- ADMISSION: EARLY BIRD TICKETS - Online offer only and expires on 31st January 2012: Adults £29, Children (aged 5 – 16) £16. Quote Ref: Proms 1 when booking.
- ADMISSION: TICKET COST Adults £32, Children (aged 5-16)£16.
- ADMISSION: ON THE NIGHT Adults £35, Children (aged 5-16) £18.
- DISCOUNTS: 10 per cent for 20+ tickets, 20 per cent for 40+ tickets.
- BOOK ONLINE at Revival Productions - click Tickets on the menu.
- BOX OFFICE 01263 734711. Subject to postage charge at cost.
- Book in person at Blickling Ticket Office, East Wing. Personal callers only please in normal opening hours.
You are invited to join our celebration of some of the greatest music ever written, performed by Sinfonia Viva and soprano Annette Wardell under conductor Roderick Dunk.
Join us to sing Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory in the fantastic National Trust parkland of Blickling Hall. This Proms evening will encapsulate all that is best in a grand, outdoor concert. So dust down your candelabra, bring your picnic, flags, food, and wine and soak up the amazing atmosphere in the company of friends. It promises to be a splendid musical spectacle with fun and fireworks!
Bringing together years of experience, Revival Productions Ltd [external link] has been formed to deliver a top quality and meticulously planned evening. They assure you that:
- There is free car and coach parking
- You can bring your own food and drink
- Substantial discounts for group bookings are on offer... AND
- Special discounts for early bookings quoting the following reference: Proms 1
- Meticulous attention is paid to your comfort and safety
Please note -
- Seating is not provided so do bring garden chairs and rugs
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, replaced if lost, nor money refunded
- Disabled parking is available
- Pets, garden flares and private barbecues are not permitted
- The promoter reserves the right to modify the programme
- Canopy spaces are available at £10 per pitch, please phone 01263 734711 to reserve
- 12 noon: Car parks open
- 4.00pm: Concert arena opens
- 7.30pm: An hour of popular classics by Sinfonia Viva, under conductor Roderick Dunk culminating in a choreographed display by the Grace Spitfire to William Walton's thrilling Spitfire Prelude.
- 8.30pm: Interval
- 9.15pm: Last Night of the Blickling Proms with stunning fireworks finale, choreographed to the music. Programme to include Gershwin's Summertime performed by Soprano Annette Wardell, with the traditional proms favourites Nimrod, British Sea Songs, Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory.
- 10.15pm: Concert finishes
Supported by Sinfonia Viva, Revival Productions Ltd and The National Trust. Supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England. Media partner Eastern Daily Press.