Classical Goes Pop!
Saturday 25th August 2012 at 7.30pm
Grimsby Auditorium, Grimsby (please note new venue)
Box Office: 0844 871 3016
Online booking available
- The programme (subject to change) includes -
- Copland: Fanfare for the Common Man
- Waltdeufel: Skaters Waltz
- Various arr. Hall: Another Opening, Another Overture
- Capua / Capurro: O Sole Mio
- Denza / Turco: Funiculi Funicula
- Webber: Gethsemane
- Puccini: Nessun Dorma
- Strauss: Radetsky March
- Gershwin: Strike up the Band overture
- Mercury: Bohemian Rhapsody
- Mercury: We Are The Champions
- Mercury: Somebody To Love
- Arr. Saunders: On Stage (medley including Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man, Night and Day, They Can't Take That Away From Me, Everytime We Say Goodbye, I Get a Kick Out of You)
- Elgar: Nimrod
- Wood: Fantasia on British Sea Songs
- Parry: Jerusalem
- Elgar: Land of Hope and Glory
The Culture House is delighted to announce that it is to bring Classical goes Pop! to the Grimsby Auditorium (previously to be held at Meridian Park). Joining sinfonia ViVA will be special guest tenor Jonathan Ansell of G4 fame.
The programme is a fabulous celebration of popular classics right from the start, combining the joyous energy of Copland and Strauss with a sparkling selection from the fabulous Great American Songbook, three modern anthems by Freddie Mercury and through to a wealth of patriotic music befitting this Jubilee year. Add to this fabulous vocals from the incomparable Jonathan Ansell and you have a gem of a concert to enjoy and remember!
Get your tickets now and join us for this evening of wonderful music and flag-waving fun.
Tickets already purchased for Meridian Park will automatically be transferred to reserved priority seating, allocated on arrival and you will also have exclusive access to a VIP bar where you can enjoy live classical music prior to the event and during the interval.
Supported by Sinfonia Viva. Supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.